Living Vicky hosted an afternoon of conversation and tips for dressing for success in the workplace. Guest speakers, Kelli Jones and Sharlia Lee helped lead the conversation exploring topics on deciphering dress code definitions, building a wardrobe on a budget, and time management.
5 Dress to Impress Tips
- Always give yourself enough time to “reflect on your reflection” before heading out the door
- The emphasis in “Business Casual”is “Business”
- Invest in essential pieces, such as a solid color sheath dress; a classic blazer; practical, neutral-toned shoes, and “Power-Woman”trousers
- Grooming is just as important as attire
- Professional behavior is always the most important accessory
Who were the Speakers?
Sharlia Lee, a 26 year old entrepreneur, started Street Boutique Fashion Truck, a mobile retail boutique offering affordable and accessible women’s apparel. She has over five years in marketing experience and works to empower young entrepreneurs through education and innovation.
Street Boutique Fashion Truck hosts a Courthouse Lunch Pop-up every Friday by the Courthouse Metro from 11am to 2pm. For a full calendar of events, visit the website, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Kelli Jones works as Executive Director for Dress for Success Washington, DC, which is an organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, networking, and support to help women succeed both professionally and personally.
Dress for Success Washington, DC accepts clothing donations every Thursday from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm and the fourth Saturday in every month from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. For updates on events and ways to volunteer, follow Dress for Success Washington, DC on Facebook and Twitter.